What is Authorization?
Authorization means registration of entities providing electronic communications services and/or electronic communications network by the Authority and pursuant to such registration, or granting of certain rights and obligations specific to electronic communications services to these entities.
According to the Electronic Communications Law, making authorization regulations taking into account the Ministry's policy and strategies are among the tasks of the Information and Communication Technologies Authority.
By authorizing the operators, among others, it is aimed,
- To create a competitive environment by increasing the number of the operators,
- To establish a reliable environment in the sector,
- To foster the domestic and foreign investment,
- To provide a healthy development of the sector,
- To use the national sources effectively and efficiently,
- To diffuse the services,
- To provide services with a determined quality of service,
- To protect the rights of consumers.